Langwater Farm is 80 acres total with half of the land wooded and the other half tilled for crops. Part of the property was originally designed by landscape architect Fredrick Law Olmsted, the creator of Central Park. The beautiful farmland includes fields gently curving against woods, surrounded by stone walls, dirt roads snaking through the woods and fields, all bordered by Langwater Pond to the west.
In the early 1900′s, Langwater Farm was famous for its Guernsey cows and Clydesdale horses. After that, the farm had been mowed for hay until the Ames family decided to seek out a farmer to begin a community farm for the town of Easton. Working with a non-profit organization, the Ames Realty Trust collected proposals from farmers and ultimately chose the O’Dwyers to farm the beautiful land at Langwater Farm. 2010 was the first growing season as a Certified Organic mixed vegetable, fruit, flower, and herb farm.
Beginning in 2014, we were offered the opportunity to expand our production of delicious, Certified Organic vegetables onto another historic piece of farmland in Easton. This additional parcel of 26 acres at the Wheaton Farm on Bay Road is owned by the Town of Easton. With this new piece of farmland, we’ve expanded our production of local, organic veggies by close to 50%.