The 2018 Massachusetts Tomato Contest results are in! We’re happy to announce we’re bringing home a few more trophies this year:
1st place in Cherry Tomatoes
1st place in Heaviest Tomato
3rd place in Red Slicing/Beefsteak Tomatoes
Every year the Tomato Contest is a high point in the season for us. We love growing Tomatoes and we’re always excited to see how we match up against other Tomato growers around the state. This is our 9th year entering the Contest!
Monday was a long day of combing the Tomato rows for the perfect fruit, and then carefully choosing the best of the best to bring in to Boston for the Contest. Early Tuesday morning we had a final taste test at the barn before packing up our entries and heading in to the Boston Public Market.
The judges sampled dozens of entries, awarding points on flavor, firmness/slicing quality, exterior color, and shape. The winners have been posted and we’re thrilled with the results!
The Brockton Enterprise stopped by for a look at the process on Monday and they have some great pics up with the article on their website.
It’s Farmers Market season!
We’re at 5 Farmers Markets this season–from Cambridge to Attleboro! Come see us this week in:
- Cambridge at the Harvard Science Center on Tuesdays noon-6pm
- Somerville at Davis Square (Day St. & Herbert St.) on Wednesdays noon-6pm
- Brookline at Coolidge Corner (Center St. West parking lot) on Thursdays 1:30-6:30pm
- Attleboro at Capron Park (O’Connell field) on Saturdays 9-1pm
- Braintree at the Braintree Town Hall on Saturdays 9-1pm