We look forward to Thanksgiving every season–it’s definitely our favorite holiday of the whole year. We love the food, the family time, and the chance to celebrate and give thanks for the harvest.
We’ve started menu-planning already, a very vegetable-forward menu, of course. Here’s what we’ll have available in the Farmstand the week of Thanksgiving:
We’re also hosting Jordan Brothers Seafood on Tuesday, Nov. 20th from 2pm – 6pm. Bobby Jordan will be bringing a full selection of fish and seafood, as well as chowders and bisques, for your Thanksgiving table.
We’re lucky to have an organic Cranberry bog here in Easton…right down the street from our fields at the Wheaton Farm, actually. Fairland Farms brings us fresh and dried Cranberries every November and they’re always delicious. If you’ve never made Cranberry Sauce from fresh Cranberries, it’s sooooo much better than store-bought. This super easy recipe uses Honey or Maple Syrup instead of sugar.
If you’d like to outsource dessert, Bushel + Crumb’s fantastic pies will be available at the Farmstand starting Saturday, Nov. 17th. This year they’re baking:
- Caramel Apple Cranberry
- Wild Maine Blueberry Maple
- Sweet Potato & Coconut Custard (so good!)
- Classic Pumpkin
- Salted Honey Walnut
- Savory Winter Squash with Caramelized Onions (not a dessert pie, but excellent nevertheless!)
We’ll be closed on Thanksgiving Day & Black Friday, but back open on Saturday, Nov. 24th with Christmas trees, wreaths, swags, and everything you need to decorate for December.
Cheers to a delicious and grateful Thanksgiving!
It’s Farmers Market season!
We’re at 4 Farmers Markets right now–from Cambridge to Pawtucket! Come see us this week in:
- Cambridge at the Harvard Science Center on Tuesdays noon-6pm
- Somerville at Davis Square (Day St. & Herbert St.) on Wednesdays noon-6pm
- Brookline at Coolidge Corner (Center St. West parking lot) on Thursdays 1:30-6:30pm
- Pawtucket at the Hope Artiste Village on Saturdays 9-1pm