We look forward to Thanksgiving every season–it’s definitely our favorite holiday of the whole year. We love the food, the family time, and the chance to celebrate and give thanks for the harvest.
We’ve started menu-planning already, a very vegetable-forward menu, of course. Here’s what we’ll have available in the Farmstand the week of Thanksgiving:
We’re lucky to have an organic Cranberry bog here in Easton…right down the street from our fields at the Wheaton Farm, actually. Fairland Farms brings us Cranberries every November and they’re always delicious. If you’ve never made Cranberry Sauce from fresh Cranberries, it’s sooooo much better than store-bought. This super easy recipe uses Honey or Maple Syrup instead of sugar.
Jordan Brothers Seafood will be at the farm for special hours on Tuesday, Nov 26th from 2 – 6pm with a selection of fish and shellfish.
If you’d like to outsource dessert, Bushel + Crumb’s fantastic pies will be available for purchase (first come, first served) at the Farmstand starting Saturday, Nov. 23rd. You can also pre-order them directly from Bushel + Crumb, for pickup at the Farmstand. This year they’re baking:
- Caramel Apple Cranberry
- Wild Maine Blueberry Maple
- Classic Pumpkin
- Savory Winter Squash with Caramelized Onions (not a dessert pie, but excellent nevertheless!)
We’ll be closed on Thanksgiving Day & Black Friday, but back open on Saturday, Nov. 30th with Christmas trees, wreaths, swags, and everything you need to decorate for December.
Cheers to a delicious and grateful Thanksgiving!
It’s Farmers Market season!
We’re at 3 Farmers Markets right now–from Brookline to Pawtucket! Come see us this week in:
- Somerville at Davis Square (Day St. & Herbert St.) on Wednesdays noon – 6pm until Nov. 27th
- Brookline at Coolidge Corner (Center St. West parking lot) on Thursdays 1:30 – 6:30pm until Nov. 21st
- Pawtucket at the Hope Artiste Village on Saturdays 9 – 1pm until April 25th