Langwater Farm CSA- Sign ups open for Winter 2021
Signing up for Langwater’s Community Supported Agriculture shares is simply the best way to enjoy healthy, seasonal, delicious food while supporting your local organic farm.
- Full Season CSA (Whole & Half shares): Enjoy diverse weekly shares of our own Certified Organic vegetables from May – October (24 weeks)! Your bounty will shift with the seasons from sweet spring greens to our award winning summer Tomatoes, then you’ll feast on a cornucopia of fall crops like Broccoli and Winter Squash.
- Farmstand CSA: Our Farmstand “debit” cards are redeemable from May – December for anything in the Langwater Farmstand. You choose what veggies you want, when you want them. Swing by anytime we’re open, Tuesdays – Sundays, 10am – 6pm. Early Birds, sign up before March 1st and get a 10% bonus on your Farmstand card (e.g. for $300 get a card loaded with $330). Sign up between March 1st and May 1st for a 5% bonus.
Flower CSA: Bring home beautiful, fragrant flowers for 12 weeks from July through September for $90. Pick-Your-Own mixed bouquet from our flower field each week. We grow dozens of kinds of flowers⏤from asters to zinnias, sunflowers to snapdragons⏤in every color of the rainbow.
- Winter CSA: Join us for the sweetest season! Enjoy 8 weeks of seasonal bounty in November & December for $200. Weekly shares include Greens, root vegetables (Carrots, Turnips, Beets), Winter Squash, Potatoes, Onions, Leeks, Broccoli, Cabbages and more. Pick-ups available at the farm in North Easton and at the Providence Wintertime Farmers Market.
2021 Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Information
- What’s in a share? Here’s an example of a typical week’s share (from August 2020):
- Half Share
1 quart mixed Heirloom Tomatoes
3 Red Slicing Tomatoes
3 ears Langwater Sweet Corn
2 Yellow Summer Squash
1 head Lettuce or 1 bunch Kale
- Whole Share
1 quart mixed Heirloom Tomatoes
2 Red Slicing Tomatoes
1 medium Watermelon
4 ears Langwater Sweet Corn
1 head Lettuce or 1 bunch Kale
1 bag Basil
1 head Garlic
- Half Share
You can see more examples of actual share weeks in 2020 here.
The beauty of a CSA is that you get to eat with the seasons! In the spring you can expect to see an abundance of beautiful greens (Kale, Spinach, Salad greens, Arugula, Swiss chard), early Onions, Lettuce, Strawberries, Fennel, Turnips, Beets, Sugar Snap Peas, Radishes and more.
The summer brings our award-winning Tomatoes, Eggplants, Peppers, Sweet Corn, Zucchini, Summer Squashes, Carrots, Peaches, Green Beans and so much more.
Fall in New England is a great time for farming! Enjoy our Onions, Potatoes, Winter Squashes (Butternut, Acorn, Delicata, etc.), Sugar Pumpkins, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbages, Beets, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Salad Mix, and Kale.
- Where can I pick-up my share?
- Full Season CSA (Whole & Half Shares) and Winter CSA pick-ups are available at our Farmstand in North Easton, Tuesday – Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Farmstand CSA and Flower CSA pick-ups are at our Farmstand in North Easton, Tuesday – Sunday (closed Monday) from 10 am to 6 pm. Your 2020 Farmstand CSA card is valid through December 23, 2021.
- Farmers Market CSA pick-ups are at
- Davis Square Farmers’ Market in Somerville on Wednesdays
- Brookline Farmers’ Market on Thursdays
- Attleboro Farmers’ Market (at Capron Park) on Saturdays
- Roslindale Farmers Market on Saturdays
- Attleboro, Brookline & Roslindale Market CSAs will have few pickups at a nearby location (TBA) on weeks when those markets aren’t open.
- Do I have to come on the same day every week? We harvest our crops based partially on our CSA customers for the day so that’s why it’s important for you to try and stick to your chosen pick-up day. That being said, we know that life can get crazy so if you need to switch your day every once in a while we ask that you send us an email to let us know.
Do you offer substitutions? There are no substitutions allowed for our Whole and Half share CSA’s but very often there are choices (i.e. you can choose Kale or Spinach, Beets or Carrots, etc.).
- Can’t make it to your pick-up one week? Although we don’t allow you to “double up” if you miss a week’s share please feel free to send a friend or neighbor instead. All missed CSA shares will be donated to the local food pantry.
- How long do I have to use my Farmstand CSA card? Farmstand card members please remember that your 2021 Farmstand CSA card expires at the end of our season on December 23, 2021. Any outstanding balances left on your card after that date will be donated to the local food pantry.
A guide to your CSA
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) was originally developed as a food distributing model to benefit the community, environment, and farmer. Weekly shares of our own Certified Organic produce will start in late May and go through the end of October (24 weeks). Each week you’ll get a variety of 5-10 different veggies. The variety and quantity will change according to the season. Your CSA will help you learn about new and interesting vegetable varieties and all the different ways to prepare them! You’ll develop a relationship with your farmers and learn about where and how your food is grown!
CSA’s are a great way to help sustain your local farm during the winter months when we are busy growing seedlings to be planted in the spring, building infrastructure, purchasing farm equipment (tractors are a farmer’s best friend!), fertilizers, seeds (organic seeds are expensive!), potting soil, tools and growing supplies and so much more. Our CSA model is a risk-free investment so you are always guaranteed to receive as much as you put into it or more. Community Supported Agriculture is a win-win for farmers and consumers.
All members will receive a weekly newsletter with farm updates, recipes, weekly CSA information and members’ only events. Primary communication will be via email.
“We have thoroughly enjoyed our experience as Langwater Farm CSA members and proud to say we have been supporters since the beginning! This farm is truly a treasure in our community and we feel very fortunate to have it so close to us. For three years now, our family has enjoyed preparing and eating the wide variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs that come across our table on a weekly basis. We are constantly experimenting with new meals and recipes which has made each week a healthy and fun adventure! Their staff is always extremely friendly and knowledgeable and able to give us tips on preparation and recipes if we ever get something in our share that is a new food for us. We thank you for all that you do.” -Beth, Eric, Bret and Gabe
“I’ve been a member since day one. I had just heard about what a CSA was, so I went online in search of one in my area. This one was just getting started, the next town over, and it was organic to boot, so I thought I’d give a try. It was actually exciting to me! And since that first meet and greet with my new farmers, I’ve been more than impressed with every aspect of this farm. What planning and execution skills these “kids” have. They’ve built a wonderful farmstand that is always a pleasure to come to. Rain or shine. I’m thrilled with the quality of all the fruits and veggies and look forward every week to the friendly faces and warm conversation. I’ve gotten veggies I never even knew existed in my weekly share, and that is such a fun thing to share and experience with friends and family too. I know I’m eating healthier than ever. And the weekly newsletter is great too and always informative. Like I said, I’ve been more than impressed with every aspect and very thankful for my CSA friends at Langwater Farm.” -Jon R.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to reserve your share now.