Langwater Farm CSA 2023
Signing up for Langwater’s Community Supported Agriculture shares is simply the best way to enjoy healthy, seasonal, delicious food while supporting your local organic farm.
- Full Season CSA (Whole & Half shares): Enjoy diverse weekly shares of our own Certified Organic vegetables from May – October (24 weeks)! Your bounty will shift with the seasons from sweet spring greens to our award winning summer Tomatoes, then you’ll feast on a cornucopia of fall crops like Broccoli and Winter Squash. For the Full Season CSA shares, we guarantee at least a 15% return on your investment in the farm. You can pick up at the farm in Easton, or at the Brookline, Davis Square, or Roslindale Farmers Markets.
- Farm & Market CSA: Our “debit” cards are redeemable for anything at the Langwater Farmstore in Easton or at any of our Farmers Markets. You choose what veggies you want, when you want them. Our Farmstore is open Fridays & Saturdays 10am – 6pm in the winter, and 6 days/week (closed Mondays), 10am – 6pm, April – December. Our Farmers Markets include Brookline, Davis Square, Providence (winter only), and Roslindale. Early Birds, sign up before March 1st and get a 10% bonus on your Farm & Market card (e.g. for $300 get a card loaded with $330). Sign up between March 1st and May 1st for a 5% bonus.
Flower CSA: Bring home beautiful, fragrant flowers for 12 weeks from July through September for $95. Pick-Your-Own mixed bouquet from our flower field each week. We grow dozens of kinds of flowers⏤from asters to zinnias, sunflowers to snapdragons⏤in every color of the rainbow.
- New this year: Tulip CSA and Dahlia CSA shares: Celebrate spring with 3 weeks of bright & cheerful PYO Tulip bunches, every week from April 25 – May 14. In September you’ll be mesmerized by the colors and the ethereal beauty of the dozens of dahlia varieties in the PYO Dahlia field. Three weeks of generous dahlia bunches runs from Sept 19 – Oct 8.
- Winter CSA: Join us for the sweetest season! Enjoy 8 weeks of seasonal bounty in November & December for $225. Weekly shares include Greens, root vegetables (Carrots, Turnips, Beets), Winter Squash, Potatoes, Onions, Leeks, Broccoli, Cabbages and more. Pick-ups available at the farm in North Easton and at the Providence Sims Farmers Market.
2023 Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Information
- What’s in a share? Here’s an example of a typical week’s share (from August):
- Half Share
1 quart mixed Heirloom Tomatoes
3 Red Slicing Tomatoes
3 ears Langwater Sweet Corn
2 Yellow Summer Squash
1 head Lettuce or 1 bunch Kale
- Whole Share
1 quart mixed Heirloom Tomatoes
2 Red Slicing Tomatoes
1 medium Watermelon
4 ears Langwater Sweet Corn
1 head Lettuce or 1 bunch Kale
1 bag Basil
1 head Garlic
- Half Share
You can see more examples of actual share weeks from last season here.
The beauty of a CSA is that you get to eat with the seasons! In the spring you can expect to see an abundance of beautiful greens (Kale, Spinach, Salad greens, Arugula, Swiss chard), early Onions, Lettuce, Strawberries, Fennel, Turnips, Beets, Sugar Snap Peas, Radishes and more.
The summer brings our award-winning Tomatoes, Eggplants, Peppers, Sweet Corn, Zucchini, Summer Squashes, Carrots, Peaches, Green Beans and so much more.
Fall in New England is a great time for farming! Enjoy our Onions, Potatoes, Winter Squashes (Butternut, Acorn, Delicata, etc.), Sugar Pumpkins, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbages, Beets, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Salad Mix, and Kale.
- Where can I pick-up my share?
- Full Season CSA (Whole & Half Shares) and Winter CSA Starting the week of May 23rd, Whole & Half share pickups are available at our Farmstore in North Easton, Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 6pm. Winter CSA pickups start in early November on that same schedule.
- Farm & Market CSA pick-ups are at our Farmstore in North Easton, Tuesday – Sunday (closed Monday), 10am – 6pm, April – December; and Fridays & Saturdays, 10am-6pm, January – March. Or you can come to any of our Farmers Markets (Brookline, Davis Square, Providence (winter only), and Roslindale) during regular Market hours. Your 2023 Farm & Market CSA card is valid through December 23, 2023 and cannot roll over.
- Flower CSA pick-ups are at our farm in North Easton from July – September. You can come pick your bouquet any day we’re open, Tuesday – Sunday (closed Monday), 10am – 6pm.
- Farmers Market CSA pick-ups are at
- Do I have to come on the same day every week? We harvest our crops based partially on our CSA customers for the day so that’s why it’s important for you to try and stick to your chosen pick-up day. That being said, we know that life can get crazy so if you need to switch your day every once in a while we ask that you send us an email to let us know.
Do you offer substitutions? There are no substitutions allowed for our Whole and Half share CSA’s but very often there are choices (i.e. you can choose Kale or Spinach, Beets or Carrots, etc.).
- Can’t make it to your pickup one week?Although we don’t allow you to “double up” if you miss a week’s share please feel free to send a friend or neighbor instead. All missed CSA shares will be donated to the local food pantry.
- How long do I have to use my Farm & Market CSA card? Farm & Market card members, please remember that your 2023 Farm & Market CSA card expires at the end of our season on December 23, 2023. Any outstanding balances left on your card after that date will be donated to the local food pantry.
A guide to your CSA
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) was originally developed as a food distributing model to benefit the community, environment, and farmer. Weekly shares of our own Certified Organic produce will start in late May and go through the end of October (24 weeks). Each week you’ll get a variety of 5-10 different veggies. The variety and quantity will change according to the season. Your CSA will help you learn about new and interesting vegetable varieties and all the different ways to prepare them! You’ll develop a relationship with your farmers and learn about where and how your food is grown!
CSA’s are a great way to help sustain your local farm during the winter months when we are busy growing seedlings to be planted in the spring, building infrastructure, purchasing farm equipment (tractors are a farmer’s best friend!), fertilizers, seeds (organic seeds are expensive!), potting soil, tools and growing supplies and so much more. Our CSA model is a risk-free investment so you are always guaranteed to receive as much as you put into it or more. Community Supported Agriculture is a win-win for farmers and consumers.
All members will receive a weekly newsletter with farm updates, recipes, weekly CSA information and members’ only events. Primary communication will be via email.
“We have thoroughly enjoyed our experience as Langwater Farm CSA members and proud to say we have been supporters since the beginning! This farm is truly a treasure in our community and we feel very fortunate to have it so close to us. For three years now, our family has enjoyed preparing and eating the wide variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs that come across our table on a weekly basis. We are constantly experimenting with new meals and recipes which has made each week a healthy and fun adventure! Their staff is always extremely friendly and knowledgeable and able to give us tips on preparation and recipes if we ever get something in our share that is a new food for us. We thank you for all that you do.” -Beth, Eric, Bret and Gabe
“I’ve been a member since day one. I had just heard about what a CSA was, so I went online in search of one in my area. This one was just getting started, the next town over, and it was organic to boot, so I thought I’d give a try. It was actually exciting to me! And since that first meet and greet with my new farmers, I’ve been more than impressed with every aspect of this farm. What planning and execution skills these “kids” have. They’ve built a wonderful farmstand that is always a pleasure to come to. Rain or shine. I’m thrilled with the quality of all the fruits and veggies and look forward every week to the friendly faces and warm conversation. I’ve gotten veggies I never even knew existed in my weekly share, and that is such a fun thing to share and experience with friends and family too. I know I’m eating healthier than ever. And the weekly newsletter is great too and always informative. Like I said, I’ve been more than impressed with every aspect and very thankful for my CSA friends at Langwater Farm.” -Jon R.
Email us at email@example.com with any questions or to reserve your share now.