These days the sun is ripening row after row after row of Tomatoes, with truckloads of crimson Beefsteaks and old-fashioned, oddball Heirlooms rolling out of the field. We’re racing the sun, the plants, and your appetites to keep up.
If you haven’t yet brought August’s abundance into your kitchen, now is the time for juicy Heirloom Tomato sandwiches, colorful caprese salads, and batches of spicy Bloody Marys. Park that bowl of Cherry Tomatoes on the counter and get to snacking! —Erika Rumbley
Pizza Night is this Friday
Farm Pizza Night is back this Friday, August 2oth. We’ll stoke up our wood-fired pizza oven and start slinging pizzas at 4pm, finishing at 8:30 under the twinkle lights on the party lawn.
The menu for Friday includes:
- Classic Cheese
- a Seasonal Special featuring (surprise!) our own Langwater Farm Heirloom Tomatoes & Basil
- Shovel Town Brewery beers on tap
- Swirled Sugar organic cotton candy for dessert
Yoga on the farm
Kristen from Be Well & Rise is teaching two tracks this summer: a slow flow series for adults & a fun, experiential kids yoga series.
Reserve your spot here, BYO mat & come enjoy the birdsong and gentle breezes while you stretch and breathe in the sunshine (or under the stars).
Upcoming classes include:
- The rescheduled Yoga Under the Lights class, now at 7:30pm on Wednesday, August 25th
- Slow Flow 9:30am on Saturday, August 28th
- Kids Yoga 9:30am on Sunday, August 29th