No two days are ever the same on the farm—every day is different, no matter how familiar it feels. That’s even more true when it comes to each season. Around this time last year we were already in a level 2 drought, which is certainly not a concern this year. But dealing with the meteorological curve balls keeps the job interesting, and negotiating with the weather gods is probably the most important spiritual side hustle that farmers have.
The wet weather continues this week, though we’ll get some sun starting Wednesday, which will make our Tomato crop happy. Warm sunny days are what we need right now to push the Tomato crop all the way into ripening. Fingers crossed we get a good stretch of clear weather soon, so we can all enjoy the BLTs and Caprese salads we deserve.
Langwater Farmers Market
Our Langwater Farmers Market is now on Thursdays from 2 – 6pm for the summer season.
There are two special guests at the market this week—Swirled Sugar with delicious organic cotton candy (!) and Acentria Intensive Foster Care program, a local organization helping kids find permanent, secure & loving homes.
We’ll be hosting Farm Storytime at the market this week at 2:30pm. Come for the PYO Flowers, then stay for the Farmers Market & Storytime!
Vendors this week include:
- Easton’s own The Farmer’s Daughter
- Mao’s Microgreens & delicious egg rolls
- Swirled Sugar organic cotton candy!
- Acentria’s Intensive Foster Care, helping children find permanent, secure & loving homes
- Rosie Bud Farm honey, soap & lip balm
- Jordan Brothers Seafood (pre-order available)
- Daddy’s Homegrown Meat with burgers, sausages, steaks & more
- Age of Grace CBD Balms & Tinctures for humans & CBD treats for dogs
Farm Pizza Night
Our next Community Pizza Night is Friday, July 23rd from 4-8:30.
Wood-fired pizza + Shovel Town beer + a picnic table on the party lawn = a perfect summer evening on the farm.
We’ll be firing up our oven and making:
- Classic Cheese
- A delicious TBA Seasonal Special featuring our own organic produce. Maybe some Tomatoes? Maybe some Zucchini? Recipe testing continues and we’ll let you when we hit the flavor jackpot.
Then another Community Pizza Night is on deck for Friday, August 20th.