We’re opening the Farmstand this Saturday for a special veggie pickup day. Since the Original Easton Farmers Market is closed until further notice, we want to continue to provide healthy & nutritious veggies to our community during this health crisis.
We want to reduce the spread of Covid-19 at every point possible, but also not contribute to any food panic. This is our best idea for now.
Pre-order your veggies on our online store and come to the Farmstand between 10am – 2pm on Saturday, March 21st for an outdoor, low-touch pickup from the front porch of the Farmstand. Your pre-paid veggies will all be packed and ready to go.
Jordan Brothers Seafood will also be set up in our parking lot, just like they are Thursday afternoons during our regular Farmstand season. They’ll have fresh shellfish, fish, chowders & bisques (some items are pre-order only) available for sale. You can also pre-order from Jordan by emailing them.
If you’d like to pay for your veggies with SNAP and/or HIP, email us your veggie order and we’ll pre-pack it and run your card at pickup.
Veggie delivery options
If you can’t make it to the Farmstand on Saturday, we have two veggie delivery options to recommend, especially for our more southern Langwater fans. Farm Fresh Rhode Island (FFRI) runs a fantastic wholesale distribution hub called Market Mobile that they’re opening to retail sales for now. You can sign up here (choose the ‘Advocate’ option under Business Category).
We’ve sold veggies through Market Mobile for 8 years and we think it’s a very well run operation. Market Mobile also draws from farms and food producers of all kinds in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, so they have a wide selection of excellent food. If you’re in the greater Providence/Pawtucket area, they’ll deliver for a $60 minimum order. For smaller orders, or for orders from outside their delivery area, they offer pickup at their warehouse in Pawtucket. Their next ordering period opens early Thursday morning (3/19), for delivery/pickup on Tuesday (3/24).
Also in Rhode Island is WhatsGood, a veggie delivery service that already offers our veggies through our farm friends at Under the Sun Farm in Dighton. This week there’ll be Carrots, Yellow Onions, and some root veggies available.
CSA shares & Gift Cards
Over the past weeks we’ve been very grateful for the new CSA share sign-ups and gift card orders that we’ve been receiving through our online store. Thank you for your support during these unusual times—it’s much appreciated.
You can signup online for any of our CSA shares:
- Full Season Whole & Half shares
- Farmstand CSA shares
- Any of our Farmers Market CSA shares
- Flower CSA shares
Our gift cards are available in several amounts, with special amounts available by request!
Email us here if you’d like a special amount.
Pawtucket Market this weekend
We’re at just one market this weekend, while the Original Easton Farmers Market is closed until further notice:
- the Pawtucket Wintertime Market at the Hope Artiste Village at 1005 Main St., Pawtucket, RI on Saturday from 9am – 1pm
Liz is slinging Potatoes, Onions, Beets, Radishes, Macombers, Carrots, Rutabaga, Green Cabbage, Popcorn, fresh Pea Shoots, and Sunchokes, as well as our Hot Sauce, Marinara Sauce, and Crushed Tomatoes.
The Pawtucket market managers have some info posted for market patrons, please read. We are taking extra precautions at the market during this situation:
1. Pre-packaging many of our veggies at the farm.
2. Our market crew will all be using vinyl gloves and changing them frequently.
3. Lots of handwashing. All. The. Time.
4. None of our crew is working if they feel sick (and they’ve all been feeling healthy for weeks).
5. We’re changing the way we set up our tables. There will be a few items visible on the tables, but we’ll have plenty of backstock available to restock the tables as purchases are made.
6. We ask that you don’t come to the market if you aren’t feeling well. If you know someone who is sick or particularly vulnerable to Covid-19 (elderly or has existing respiratory problems), please consider offering to shop for them.
7. Please shop & go. We usually love the hangout & party atmosphere of the market, but for now it’s safer to just make your purchases and go home.